How old do you think I am? - Day 56

Today was a strange day!

Today I got asked for ID to prove I was over 25years and today we moved stable sheds. It is as simple and strange as it sounds.

So much so that I thought I would take some photos and make a video of it, enjoy:



Several hours after making that video, and thinking that the Sainsbury's checkout lady should have gone to Specsavers, I managed to accomplish this:

Using my new electric (battery charge) drill f
rom Aldi to dismantle my shelves and hooks.

Building my new free standing shelves.



View from the doorway. There are two doors the left however is a little stiff.
J would have been devastated if I didn't hang his
pictures somewhere in the new shed.
This is not ideal but I think it adds a persona touch.

Using large S hooks purchased from amazon (seller id:Hoakey )
The metal is too thin to drill through.

Again using the large S hooks I have displayed our saddle pads from Aldi
A wonderful friend of ours personalised two of our saddle pads with our KJB logo.


Ta-da!
The end result although I did swap the wooden pallet for a plastic one to save it rotting from damp residue and or flooding.
I will endeavour to keep it as tidy as possible and while I have to share the shed I am chuffed with how it looks thus far.

I managed to escape relatively unscathed from all the dismantling and building and lugging our items about. My brother found it hilarious that someone could think I look ten years younger than I am! He also commented that I may need an intervention as I was buying alcohol at 10am!

My brother also asked what the **** I was wearing on my head! I told him fashion doesn't need an explanation, and that my ears were warm, to which he replied with a simple thumbs up.

I did tweet Sainsbury's this but have yet to receive a reply:
Followed this this pic and tweet:

Despite a really productive morning I was extremely late to pick J up from his after school tutoring.

Luckily I managed to tend to B before leaving the yard and give him his dinner which J was relieved to hear that.

Since the traffic was terrible and we were due back at school for a meeting about a residential trip for J next year, I decided to take J on a dinner date to Pizza Express.

He wolfed down the piccolo Margareta with ham pizza and I had some starters which filled the gap before we walked back to school.

We have a busy weekend planned starting with fun Friday with friends tomorrow evening. Aka pizza (again) and prosecco (for the grown ups).

J is visiting his dad on Saturday so I am braving riding bareback with B, although I could be riding with a saddle if the saddler pulls through for us tomorrow. Watch this space.

I have some new signs to pop up around the stable and new shed and some drainage to clear at the yard so the shed doesn't get flooded. Role on winning that lottery ticket and getting a small holding with a little land to have B and a friend for him (maybe a goat or two, some runner ducks, a few dogs and some more cats). What would you do if you won the lottery?

What are your plans with your ponies, big or small, this weekend?

KJB
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Maybe he's beginning to like me" - Day 41

Good News! - Day 65

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Day 150