Trims and clips - Day 67

Boston is so lucky he doesn't have to wear shoes.

I remember running around as a child without shoes and my mum yelling at me as I ran up the street barefoot, dodging stones and twigs.

They were the best days ever.

I had so many adventures where my barefeet carried me to far off lands and floated me through streams of imagination.

Thankfully I didn't need to trim my feet to help keep my feet healthy and balanced.

Boston however needs regular trims so this week I called a different farrier whom I knew from the stables I used to work at.

He praised B on how well he was standing, especially as a 6 year old - and I warned him he can be fussy with his feet.

I asked how his feet looked and that I was concerned about thrush and crumbling sole due to the wet mud etc. Like any proud mumma I was chuffed to hear that B has super strong feet and that he shouldn't ever need to be shod.


Before - hooves slightly splayed

After

All my mucky hard work has clearly paying off with taking care of his fee whoop whoop.

Well done B.

I was watching an episode of Keeping Up With The Kaimawanas on Horse and Country TV and saw how the eldest sister of the Wilson sisters would act as the farrier for all the horses on their ranch.

It got me to thinking how much money I would save if I could trim and shape B's feet all by myself.

I wonder how long it takes to become  farrier?

Is there a course you can take to trim and shape without learning how to put shoes on?

Have you ever trimmed your horses feet?

KJB
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Maybe he's beginning to like me" - Day 41

Good News! - Day 65

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Day 150