My Horse is my Heartland - Day 50

As J was rather unwell after school yesterday he has had the day off today. So while we snuggle on the sofa we imagine exotic places and watch our favourite tv shows.

Around 18 months ago I found a new programme on Netflix which thanks to my fathers membership I have been able to watch all 11 seasons.

Heartland follows the lives and adventures of the Bartlett family set in the beautiful setting of Alberta Canada. With local diners, western rodeo's and focussed on the main characters natural horsemanship and an equestrian retreat. Helping save the lives of horses and humans alike it is a family feel good programme for all.
Heartland

It's nothing new and some might find it a little tame but I have found it to be like my faithful friends whom I can always rely on to make me smile when I see them.

Set in the beautiful surroundings of the Canadian backdrop of Alberta I have ignited the travel bug within me.

Related image
Image courtesy of: Water Canada


Imagine waking up and seeing that beautiful scene every morning.

Imagine waking up and seeing that beautiful scene every morning knowing that after breakfast you were going to saddle up and ride out along that backdrop.

Imagine the cowboys.

Focus K!!!

Seriously I would love to take J on a ranching holiday in Canada however we would only be able to go during the school holidays which is unfortunately when prices soar and tourists flock to such destinations. Being on a single parent income this dream seems just that.

My fear is that I would fall in love with the place and lifestyle and wouldn't want to come home.

I have been looking into more realistic horsey holidays and found a few camps which J would be able to take B along with him.

One in particular was that of Wheal Buller Cornish Riding Camp.

What their sites says:

About Holidays

Our riding courses are suitable for adult riders of all abilities, from advance to the novice and nervous. We do our best to work out a programme of riding and activities to suit you. Lessons, hacking and beach riding, swimming on horseback, we will try to accommodate your needs and ensure you enjoy yourself. Bring your own horse or ride ours

Since J did such a good job saving his pennies for the Olympia horse show I have encouraged him to start saving for his horsey holiday.

Everything with B is starting to add up!

He now needs slow feeder haynets as he can get through his hay a little too quickly.

We have changed his standard bridle to a flash noseband so he isn't mouthing at the bit so much. I have also added a started martingale to help J with the control - but can only use this when we have finally sorted the saddle out.

I joked with a friend about having to sell a kidney already and we aren't even competing yet!

Have you been on a horsey holiday before?

What do you do to save for your horse?

KJB
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Maybe he's beginning to like me" - Day 41

Good News! - Day 65

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Day 150