Weekend away - Day 95

After last weeks debacle with our boy Boston I took some time for me and went to visit my friends on their farm in Wiltshire.

It was a well needed little break and while J went to visit his dad for a few days I got to wake up with astonishing views, breath in fresh countryside air and rid my chest of the tightening pain that was suffocating me.

I was able to let my hair down on several nights with grown up conversations and drinks to celebrate.

In the morning I went to unrug their ponies while in PJ's and sunglasses. Then I helped wash them in the yard - by help I mean sitting back to watch and soak up the rays.

It was bliss not having to drive half an hour to go and see them and have everything on site. This is something I would like for J and I to have. A small holding with everything to cater for family life and to care for our animals - which I am sure will be growing.

My friend was given some bunnies as a non valentines -valentines present.


Well you can imagine how quickly I fell in love with the furry friends. Even when they decided to chew through my phone wire leaving me phoneless for several days.

They seemed to take a liking to me too. They spent time in my room and snuggled up to me on numerous occasions.

I didn't think I'd like rabbits but these stole my heart.

It reminded me of being at my aunts farm in Shropshire as a child when we too put the bunnies on the table and spent time with them before they were given away.

I was reassured that oppressive as it is living in London it isn't all doom and gloom which was a great reminder to see the light.

Feeling grateful for wonderful friends I was encouraged not to sell B and to show him who is boss. Humanely of course. To work with him. Bond with him still.

I spoke to J and we agreed that this will be our biggest effort with B. I have a friend (the guru's prodigy) who is helping us school him 2-3 times a week to build his fitness levels and teach him not to nap etc.

Once she has helped him to learn that napping and dipping his head is not acceptable then we can introduce J to lessons with him.

I envisage this taking several months of hard work. During which I am going to face my fear of riding him - which has come from nowhere - and ride B out in the woods to let him know that he is there for fun too.

We have had him for 3 months now.

I did contact the seller from which we bought him and she was by all accounts shocked that he had been behaving like this.

I am hoping it is just a blip and not something which will last for he was such a cutie when I returned from a few days away.


If only all days can be as cute as this.

Hope you had a great weekend?

KJB
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Maybe he's beginning to like me" - Day 41

Good News! - Day 65

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Day 150