Vet Check - Pre-Purchase

Before you buy a car, used or new, you would get it checked over by a mechanic right? You would need to get an M.O.T and ensure it is in great working condition, safe and secure etc.

Its the same with animals, pets, or working animals for farms etc.

Last week a found the love of my life and I would really like to bring him into my sons life but before I do that I need to make sure he good enough to bring home.

I am talking about Boston.

He is a beautiful bay Irish Cob Gelding who is only 6 years old.

Totally new territory for me to own our own equine companion I have called in the advice of the RVC - The Royal Veterinary College - to perform a 5 stage vetting on him to ensure there are no visible and invisible lumps and bumps or issues which may crop up at a later date.

Sadly I had to work at the yard 8.30-6pm on the day as I had originally planned to be there during the examination two days prior.

I have never been so distracted.

I felt like my baby was taking a real exam which had my tummy in knots.

Luckily I received a call just after lunch from the vender saying he had passed and I was over the moon. I still had to hear from the vet himself and until then I still holding my breath, but all looked good.

When the phone eventually rang I was very excited when he confirmed that Boston was in fact as well as I had expected. There was however one problem, his weight.

Boston is fat,

The vet made it perfectly clear that Boston is a project pony, he will need a lot of work and exercise which will take months of hard graft to get him into peak condition. The vet was definitely not shy in coming forward in saying that he was overweight - I almost wanted to say 'ok I get it, don't give the poor guy a complex now'.

Alas all is well with the boy Boston and soon he will be in his forever home with us and be our forever pony.

Excited doesn't cover it.

KJB
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Maybe he's beginning to like me" - Day 41

Good News! - Day 65

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Day 150